Open Bank Account in Panama
Several banks in Panama only require two bank letters of reference and two personal references.
Some banks will open the account directly, others will complete a due diligence process that can
take anything from two days to a month.
There is however a bullet proof concept to opening a bank account in Panama, meet the requirements of
Banco Nacional de Panama. Observe that all documents expire after 90 days!
- Two bank reference letters addressed to the bank.
- Three personal reference letters from friends in Panama.
- A certified copy of your passport, duly stamped by your nearest consulate or embassy.
- Tax returns.
- Work permit.
- Two forms of identification.
- Electricity, water, cable bills with your name and current address.